Day 3 MPC: Breakfast...

1:58 PM

Hello again!
Well, today is all about breakfast.
They say ('they' being the so-called 'experts'), that you should start your day with a good, well-balanced, hearty breakfast. My idea of this is a plate full of bacon, eggs, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and a nice dose of hollandaise sauce. If I eat this for breakfast, I don't usually need anything for lunch. Just keep up my fluids and have a light tea and I am all good.
But I dont have this every morning...
This is what I have:


Since going predominantly gluten-free, I have started eating gluten-free cereals (probably not the best choice as there is still sugar and other 'stuff' in gf foods but anyway).
My main choices are either rice flakes or rice puffs and I have just started using almond milk (and have a rice milk in the pantry to try next.) It's not too bad really. Can't say I don't like it. It's just a taste and consistency I will get used to I think. I thought I would try this in my breakfast cereal in an attempt to cut down on dairy intake and see if that makes me feel any better.
I will do another blog post some time explaining all of this health issue stuff I have been having and why I am trying new things in order to achieve optimum health! Basically, I feel ill alot and after ruling out any physical, medical issues, it has come down to diet and lifestyle, minimising stress and finding ways to just chill.
Anyway, gone off on a tangent there...
BREAKFAST!
Following my cereal, I have:
Toast!
Gluten-free of course. And...it has to be Country Life Bakery brand. It's the only one I have found that I like. Any others are too stodgy and get stuck in my throat I find, so I steer clear of them and only go this type!!
I spread it with whatever I feel like. Never usually strays from my two fave spreads but anyway.
And every breakfast should always include...

A GOOD STRONG CUP OF COFFEE!
I would LOVE to have a coffee machine but I don't and that's ok. Makes me appreciate going out for coffee more :-)
So for me at home, the best instant coffee I find worthy to drink is Nescafe Gold. I have one every morning.
Do you have a favourite coffee brand?

So there you have my daily breakfast.
I don't stray from this at all really. Would like to. Would be nice to branch out abit and have something different every morning for brekkie...
*Scrambled eggs on toast...
*Fruit salad and natural yoghurt with a drizzle of honey...
*Smoothie...
*Crepes with berries, dollop of yoghurt and drizzled with maple syrup...

Hmmm
Just don't seem to have the time to make all them AND get the kids brekkie ready and served as well.
Maybe one of these days I can give myself a breakfast challenge and create a more versatile breakfast menu for a week.
What ya reckon?
Might be onto something there :-)

What do you have for breakfast? Do you have something different every morning, or are you like me and just stick to the same old same old?

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images