Day 7 MPC: Favourite Dessert...

9:49 PM

We are, er, well I am not a big dessert eater. Hubby would definitely scoff down dessert every night after our meal if I made it. I like desserts, don't get me wrong. I just don't cook them very often at home. Like once in a blue moon.
And when that blue moon rises, I like to cook something like this...

LEMON DELICIOUS!
And it really does live up to its name - it's lemony and it's totally, most absolutely DELICIOUS!
Nowadays, I am quite fond of the citrusy desserts. A few years back, if I went out for a meal and we had dessert, it most certainly would be anything with chocolate! And I still do like the occasional chocolatey dessert but it's only if I really feel like it. Whereas, with a citrus dessert, I pretty much could nearly always down it! Funny, how your tastes change and you start loving things you didn't love at all way back when!!
I thought I would share this recipe with you. I made it from a recipe in a recipes+ magazine - Issue 60 July 2011.
So here goes:

*NOTE: It is a serve-at-once dish as the sponge will absorb the sauce if left standing. (But I can assure you, there is no problem about leftovers cos seriously, there will be NONE. Promise!)
*TIP: Have eggs at room temperature before beating.

Ingredients

80g butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
3 eggs, separated
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup milk
1/2 cup self-raising flour
Icing sugar, to dust
Ice-cream and berries, to serve

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180oC/160oC fan forced. Lightly grease a 1.5 litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and creamy. Beat in zest and egg yolks. Add juice and milk; mix well. Sift flour over mixture; fold until combined.

2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold whites into lemon mixture.

3. Spoon into prepared ovenproof dish. Stand dish in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to reach halfway up side of dish. Bake for 35 minutes or until well risen and golden. Dust with icing sugar. Serve at once with icecream and berries.
_________________________________________

I usually just serve with berries but you do whatever you fancy. Have a go - you won't regret it but I warn you now...it is mighty more-ish!!

What's your favourite dessert?

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...


Anna


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images