Testing. Check. One, Two...

11:53 PM

 
Yes.
I am still here.
:-)
 
Just thought that I would pop in to say a quick hello and how you doing!?!
Life has been abit upsy-downsy-daisy here lately.
Harvest has been in full swing - on and off with the weather which makes for odd working hours to get the job done as soon as they can.
Christmas is approaching, therefore I am in planning mode in an attempt to be ultra organised this year!
We are coming out of another bout of fluey sickies, some teething chucked in there as well, and a variety of different appointments and events have been snavelling up the days as well.
And due to life being abit mucked up and out of normal routine, with Daddy off playing chasy chasy's in the tractor and being with Mummy all day, the kids know JUST when to amp up the feral factor. LOL! They have a lovely little sensor for these times.
And today, I have realised that I have been trying to 'do it all' and it is just not possible. When I get focused on something, I get stuck into that mind-frame and if something or someone interrupts that, I can get a tad irritated. When this happens, my kids suffer because I get my 'grumpy' pants on and that's no fun for anyone! I am always running around trying to get the housy things done - washing, dishes, tidy up, even try and push in some crafting (which I LOVE to do) and when the kids ask something or want me for something, I keep saying 'Not now - I'm too busy!'
Lately, when I say that, my heart has tweaked. And I have realised that I don't want to be the Mum that is always 'too busy' for her kids.
 
So today, I decided to just sit down.
And just let my kids crawl up on my lap and sit and chat to me or watch telly with me.
As soon as I sat down in the recliner today, my little Sparkle's face lit up and she ran straight over and climbed into my lap. She sat there perfectly relaxed and comfortable for half and hour. She would look up at me, smile and do her little ba-googly-dah-doo-dah chatty thing with me and I would nod and say 'I love you too, sweetie' to which she would give a smile and snuggle into the crook of my arm. They really do understand and respond to the language of love!
 
My house is a mess. Nothing is in order. But I just had to CHOOSE to take the time to 'be' with my kids - just for a little bit of the day.
There are times where they need to learn that Mummy needs to get something done and then she can play, or sit, or whatever.
The state of the house is still causing me some stress BUT I invested time into my kids and I know that they benefited from this.
So that made me happy.
It was nice.
 
With all this going on lately, I haven't been here on my blog as much as I would have liked. I have missed the Christmas Countdown (40 days to go) blog post this week. Sorry about that. But instead of trying to catch up, I am letting myself off the hook this time and will try and pick it up next Sunday for 30 days Countdown till Christmas!
I am aware of the potential for myself to 'burn the candle at both ends' which would not benefit anyone including myself so I am trying to be kind to me and not put expectations on myself that are unnessary and slightly unrealistic.
I aspire to be Wonderwoman but alas, I am not.
 
This post is probably abit jumbled and all over the place. Once I started writing, it all just started falling out onto the page. I guess I needed to get it all out. There has been so much on my mind lately.
But Thanks so much for listening (or reading really I guess...)
Maybe you can relate to some of the things I've touched on :-)
 
Well, bed is calling me.
I hope to see you here through the week - starting tomorrow if all goes well, with my regular Hello Monday post :-)
Until then...
Take Care.
 
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...
 
Anna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images