Jot Mood Board Challenge #6...

5:00 PM

Well, it's here.
A new challenge. A new colour palette.
 
And I am loving the soft tones and dreaminess of this mood board.
 
SMALLcopyJOTMOODBOARDTEMPLATERED
 
My initial thought was to create a card. There is an upcoming birthday for a member of the family soon and she adores purple. So I gave it a go!
 

I used a hexagon template (Studio Calico Huey's masks) and sprayed a background using Mr Hueys colour mist in Mist Julep.
 
I stitched a heart out of mint stripe twine onto some purple paper. For the white tag, I 'inked' the edges with a mini ink pad in purple.
 
Then it was just a matter of placement and adding embellishments which were:
- mini pom pom ribbon
- purple feather
- mint coloured brads
-lilac tiny buttons
- frilly mint ribbon
-a chip board letter 'J' (for the start of the recipient's name) and I covered that in a purple print washi tape (washi tape really is so awesome and versatile!!)
 
I wrote the text on myself with a journalling pen.
 
I hope she likes it :-)
 
When done with this, I had a hankering to do a layout. I knew that I would have some photos somewhere with purple in them so went on a hunt in my photo stash. Sure enough I found some that I knew just had to be scrapped onto a layout with this colour scheme!
 
So I got to work...


 And the full reveal...

 
Here I used:
- purple print washi tape (for the border)
- white polka dot embossed cardstock
- mint on white patterned paper
- dark mint and purple plain cardstock (to back photos)
- frilly mint ribbon
- mini pom pom ribbon trim
- purple lace tulle trim
- mint/white stripe twine
- bird motif in mint green
- patterned purple paper to cut out bracket behind main photo
- paper doily
- dark mint felt and white doily to make the heart embellishment (placed a part of some white doily trim onto a square of felt - used sewing machine to stitch a heart shape. Cut down doily close to stitching and then cute the felt down to act as a border for the doily heart.)
- sparkly white Thickers letters
- lilac journalling pen
 
And that is my layout for this challenge.
 
Please feel free to join in.
You can find all the deets HERE!
 
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...
 
Anna



You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images