Project Life 2013...

4:43 PM

Yes, I am a Project Lifer :-)
Haven't heard of Project Life? Well I highly doubt it but just in case - you can find out more about it HERE from the creator herself! There is a lovely little video clip right there on the home page that explains EVERYTHING!
 
Well, my story is...
I purchased a couple of kits back in 2011 ready for putting together a Project Life album of family life in 2012. Also another personal album just for me.
 
It didn't happen.
 
But 2013 comes along. Determination sets in.
And I am up and away!
 
I have two albums underway.
The main one is a colourful, mismatched, quirky album documenting everyday life of us - the Allan's!
The other album is one I will add to each year as I participate in the One Little Word phenonemon created by Ali Edwards. But more on that in another post later on.
 
Today I thought I would give you a peak into my main album.
It's all still a work in progress.
I am up to date with photos but a tad behind in journalling and prettying up the pages.
Other things just pop up and take away my time but that's life hey!?!
 
So I will start with my cover page.
 

For the title of our family album I have used a 6 x 12 insert. I loved the doily cut paper so used that as a base for my title page and prettied it up with some coloured doilys and a 2013 badge. It sits over the page underneath still showing off the family photo and the journalling cards. I used a grid card and wrote all our names in a crossword style - it just so happened that our names all work together really well :-) I think it adds a nice touch  - one of my fave ideas I've had for my PL album so far!
Here is more of a close-up on that particular journal card.
 
And here are a few other pages I like...
 

 
I love adding little embellishments to some photos and journalling cards to add a little more pizzazz. I especially love writing directly onto photos.
 



 These individual shots of some journalling or photo pockets show how I've added my own little touch to the layouts. When writing on the photos, I've used Precision Pens by American Crafts (for sale in Spotlight which is where I got mine from!) I love this! It adds a whole new dimension to the photo that makes it so much more fun and snazzy to look at! And of course, you can't go wrong with stickers and washi tape to lift the look too :-)
 
For this particular album I am using the Clementine binder and core kit predominantly.
The pocket pages are a mix of Project Life and We R Memory Keepers.
Some of the journalling cards are Sn@P! by Simple Stories.
At the beginning of the year, I also subscribed to the monthly Project Life kit by Studio Calico. I have loved seeing all the goodies in each pack every month - journal cards, badges, stamps, stickers, and other little bips and bops. I am seriously considering cancelling this subscription though, not because I don't absolutely love it - it's purely a financial reason as I will need to make some cuts here and there. Sadly this will be one of them :-(
 
But...
In an effort to save money but still have awesome layouts, I have begun making my own journalling cards and photo mats.


^ These particular cards I have made using old magazines. It's amazing if you have a different look at the pages of a magazine before chucking it out, how many images can be used as backgrounds in journalling cards and such. I have a lovely little stash of groovy 3 x 4 and 4 x 6 cutouts now.
And with a few simple embellishments and lettering, they make for a great background!
 
 
I made these inserts by cutting some Kraft card into 3 x 4 inch cards. Using two of these, I adhered a paper doily to them (cutting in the middle to enable insertion into separate pockets) then the photo (again cutting down the middle for insertion into album pockets), and used up some other items in my stash - ribbon, washi tape, tag, wood bracket, lettering stickers, decorative badge etc.
 
I have a few other journalling cards in the making but will share them in another post :-)
 
For now, I will leave it there.
This is quite a hefty post but I hope you have enjoyed looking through some of my album.
There will be more as I get to complete and photograph them.
 
Thanks for popping by.
See you again soon :-)
 
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...
 
Anna



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images