Jot Mood Board Challenge #12...

12:04 PM

Hi!
I'm back.
I must say, it wasn't planned to have this length of a blog break but things just happen and time gets away with us and WHAMMO - I'm a month behind blogging! 
Oh well.
In my defence, there has been sickness - never a good thing!!
I have been busily creating and living life as best I can in between the bouts of sickness though :-)
And...
We ran out of high speed data after a week of it being reset! Somebody decided to do a 6GB download and sucked up half our data - and it wasn't me...nor was it our daughters...hmmm...
Ahhh. Gotta love him ;-)
So I've been VERY patient for 3 weeks with ultra slow internet which wasn't really conducive to blogging and uploading photos etc so it all got put on the back burner!! Until now...

Anywhoo....
An all NEW mood board challenge is up over on the Jot blog created by the awesome Raquel! It's a beautiful pastel Christmas themed colour palette. So soft and dreamy. I love it.

smallRaquelsChristmas MoodBoard
I knew what look I wanted for my layout. I had a combination of so many patterned papers that would fit the colour palette that I thought I would incorporate them all in a tiled look on my page!
It took me a little bit longer to find a photo that suited the theme BUT finally I did. I wanted the photo to stand out but not TOO much as I didn't want it to completely take over. I think the sunflare softens the photo alot which makes it suit this layout. The mood board to me brings about soft, dreamy, floaty feelings so I went with that and tried to bring that about in my layout. I was surprised but really happy with what I achieved actually.
See what you think...


I created some fringed tissue paper and sewed it onto my layout to add some frill and lift to the page. To break up the paper strip look a tad and add some more texture - I laid some lace ribbon over the top of a couple of the paper 'tiles'. With a few little embellishments here and there, the page was finished. 
I'm digging this tiled look - thinkin' I might use this method again sometime :-)

Materials

- Bazzil cardstock
- Fancy Pants Designs 'Memories Captured' 6x6" patterned paper pieces
- tissue paper
- lace ribbon
- 'sweet vintage' (Etsy) flower heart
- chipboard frame and floral embellishment
- Heidi Swapp 'Mixed Company' ephemera heart
- Heidi Swapp 'Believe' ephemera clear snowflakes
- stamp set from an SC Project Life kit
- A Piece of Cake Designs cherry flair
- frilled ribbon
- printer
- sequins
- rhinestones
- journal pen

And here are some close-ups...




Hope you love this too.
You can join in on the fun as well - just head over HERE for more details. And you can check out all the inspiring samples from some of the Jot team too.

Yay! Christmas is on it's way. I have plenty going on at the moment.
I will be back to share more later :-)

Take care.

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images