Well, it's here.
A new challenge. A new colour palette.
And I am loving the soft tones and dreaminess of this mood board.
My initial thought was to create a card. There is an upcoming birthday for a member of the family soon and she adores purple. So I gave it a go!
I used a hexagon template (Studio Calico Huey's masks) and sprayed a background using Mr Hueys colour mist in Mist Julep.
I stitched a heart out of mint stripe twine onto some purple paper. For the white tag, I 'inked' the edges with a mini ink pad in purple.
Then it was just a matter of placement and adding embellishments which were:
- mini pom pom ribbon
- purple feather
- mint coloured brads
-lilac tiny buttons
- frilly mint ribbon
-a chip board letter 'J' (for the start of the recipient's name) and I covered that in a purple print washi tape (washi tape really is so awesome and versatile!!)
I wrote the text on myself with a journalling pen.
I hope she likes it :-)
When done with this, I had a hankering to do a layout. I knew that I would have some photos somewhere with purple in them so went on a hunt in my photo stash. Sure enough I found some that I knew just had to be scrapped onto a layout with this colour scheme!
So I got to work...
And the full reveal...
Here I used:
- purple print washi tape (for the border)
- white polka dot embossed cardstock
- mint on white patterned paper
- dark mint and purple plain cardstock (to back photos)
- frilly mint ribbon
- mini pom pom ribbon trim
- purple lace tulle trim
- mint/white stripe twine
- bird motif in mint green
- patterned purple paper to cut out bracket behind main photo
- paper doily
- dark mint felt and white doily to make the heart embellishment (placed a part of some white doily trim onto a square of felt - used sewing machine to stitch a heart shape. Cut down doily close to stitching and then cute the felt down to act as a border for the doily heart.)
- sparkly white Thickers letters
- lilac journalling pen
And that is my layout for this challenge.
Please feel free to join in.
You can find all the deets HERE!
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...