Jot Mood Board Challenge - May 2014...

10:22 AM

Hi lovelies!
I wanted to pop in and show you the latest mood board challenge released a few days ago created by the wonderful Mardi...

SMALLMRDISRETROGREEN

Such retro earthy goodness!

I was able to get this layout started at the Escape to Create retreat - by the way if you want to see a write up about my weekend away in March you can see it HERE on the Polka Dot Creative blog where I shared about my retreat experience!

When I was back home in Tassie earlier on in the year - I found a swatch of fabric PERFECT for this mood board and I have incorporated it into my background.
Let me show you my completed layout so you get the idea...


Since I used a fairly busy patterned paper, I used some gesso and swiped it onto the page on the area I would be placing my photo. It just lightens the background up a bit to let the photo area stand out more. I have also used paint swatches, washi tape, wood tape, stickers, flair, and other embellishments to tie in with the layout. I thought the black Amy Tangerine letters from the 'Plus One' range were a nice finish!

We have a very old ride-on lawn mower and every time Mr Awesome pulled it out, the kids - especially little one - wanted to ride on it with him. They thought it was a motorbike, hence renaming it the 'mower' bike ;-)

So, if you like this mood board and want to give it a go - head on over HERE to the Jot blog to find out more details and upload your work. You will see all the other team sample pages there too. Loads of inspiration as always :-)

Take care!

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images