'Something' New at Jot...

8:22 PM

Yes.
A few changes have taken place to the monthly challenges over at Jot.
We have enjoyed many a mood board challenge created by Kim or one of the Jot girls but it's time to change it up abit...
Introducing the new 'SOMETHING' challenge.
Based on the little ditty Something old, something new, Something borrowed, something blue.
 This month the 'somethings' are...

something gold

I adore the colours, script writing and sparkle this challenge exhibits.
And I had a load of fun playing around with it!
Here is my layout...


Something stripey -- I used chevron striped paper for the base of my layout. I'm fairly certain it was by My Minds Eye.
Something bold -- I used some bold, black scripty die-cut words from D-Lish Scraps as part of my titles.
Something glittery -- you don't have to ask me twice to use anything glittery - I went straight to my pack of frames by Maggie Holmes and used them to frame my photos.
Something gold -- well the glittery frames just so happened to be gold but I also added a gold flourish and some gold leaves to the page for extra goldiness ;-)
Oh! And some sparkly gold enamel dots - love those!

As for the colours in the challenge board, that paper was perfect! I also was drawn to that die-dipped look of the table cloth in the bottom left pic and also the two-toned pink and gold bottles in the right middle pic.
To use this effect on my layout, I cut out some hearts from a calico bag, got some colour mist (I used Heidi Swapp Colour Shine - teal and pink) and spritzed the bottom half of each of the hearts in one each of the colours. I then sewed around the edges of the hearts.
I was in love - they look so gorgeous!! And the colours are just divine!

You can join in the fun too!
Check out all the details HERE and see all the Jot girls' sample pages for further inspiration!

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. really fun page Anna - love the background paper and the gold frames are so sweet :) I'm hoping I can join in with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images